The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) is Europe's largest single issue consumer body, campaigning for increased availability and quality of real ale in the UK.
CAMRA was founded in 1971 and has grown to over 144,000 members whilst remaining entirely independent.
Its main aims are:
- Protect and improve consumer rights
- Promote quality, choice and value for money
- Support the public house as a focus of community life
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of our national heritage and culture
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry
CAMRA membership costs just £23 per year (via Direct Debit) and entitles to you a number of exclusive benefits such as access to branch activities, a monthly subscription to our newspaper What's Brewing and reduced price or free entry to over 150 beer festivals across the country.
For more information or to joing CAMRA please visit their website.